Registering your mobile phone with PTA in 2020
On the off chance that you are searching for how to enlist your gadget with PTA online in Pakistan, here is a best guide on getting your phone actuated with PTA. In May 2018, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) propelled the Device Identification Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) to guarantee the utilization of legitimate gadgets on portable systems in Pakistan.
With its dispatch, the PTA guaranteed that every cell phone in the nation are enrolled with DIRBS and resistant cell phones, whose 15-digit IMEI isn’t GSMA Standard Number, stay blocked.
As per the PTA, since the execution of PTA DIRBS, the use of fake cell phones brought into Pakistan through Illegal Channels has seen an abatement. It said that in the initial 11 months of 2019 (till November 30), 7.64 million Smart Phones were imported by means of Legal Channels while in 2018, the figure was recorded as 7.24 million.
Aside from it, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority additionally runs a drive convincing the versatile supporters of utilization enrolled cell gadgets just alongside the arrangement of legitimate direction for example How to Check IMEI of a Mobile Device? or on the other hand How to Register a Mobile Phone Device?
How To Register Your Mobile Device with PTA?
- You just need to enlist your gadget in the accompanying situations.
- You carried the gadget from abroad with you while heading out to Pakistan and need to utilize it inside Pakistan for over 60 days.
- You got your cell phones (new/utilized) as a blessing from your companion/relative living abroad and need to utilize it first time on Pakistani versatile system obligation.
- Your gadget has substantial IMEI however isn’t enlisted with the PTA.
There are three different ways you can enroll your cell phone:
- By dialing USSD Code *8484# from versatile
- By visiting https://www.cmzone.com.pk/tax-calculator-for-mobile-phones-find-out-exact-tax-customs-rates-in-pakistan/
- By visiting Franchise/Customer Service Center (CSC) of any Mobile Operator for example Jazz, Ufone, Zong and Telenor across Pakistan.
Note: You will be subject to pay all material obligation/charge which will be surveyed by FBR/Custom authorities. Your phone will be enrolled inside 24 hours after you cover the assessment.